Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care (CEs available)
Time & Location
About the Event
To register for this event: https://postpartum.z2systems.com/np/clients/postpartum/event.jsp?event=547&
- $375.00 - Standard Registration
- $275.00 - Student Registration
Registration Deadline: September 14, 2021.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel before September 15, 2021, you will get a full refund minus a $50.00 processing fee. If you cancel September 15, 2021 or later, you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee minus a $50.00 processing fee. Fees can be transferred to future events, and substitutions are accepted.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
1. Identify the challenges faced when identifying and treating perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
2. Describe the symptoms and understand the differential diagnosis of prenatal and postpartum depression, anxiety, panic disorder, OCD, PTSD, bipolar disorders and psychosis.
3. Discuss psychopharmacology as it relates to pregnancy, postpartum, and lactation.
4. Assess prenatal and postpartum risk factors.
5. Assess for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
6. Identify treatment options for perinatal mood disorders (PMDs).
7. Discuss breastfeeding and PMDs.
8. Develop psychosocial and self-help treatment plans as well as appropriate psychotherapy techniques and alternative therapies.
9. State appropriate psychotherapy modalities.
10. Indicate consequences of untreated PMDs.
11. Discuss effects and consequences on partners.
12. Identify social support, legislative changes, and community resources, including how to set up support groups and offer social support.
13. Discuss cultural differences and PMDs.
14. Discuss spirituality and PMDs.